Friday, July 17, 2009

Trying it the hard way

On the 6th of august Microsoft will close the entry window for this years DreamBuildPlay contest.
When that happens, I want to enter a game.

20 Days till then. What I got is a beginning of a Leveleditor. I have a good game idea. And I have 20 days I can use (- some hours, because I'm lazy ;-) ).

What I have to do, is only create the world map, additional sublevels, write the complet game code, debug it, port it on the 360, debug it send it.

Sounds quite easy too me. I know that I might woun't make it, ... but who cares? I still would have finally a complet game in my postfolio, woudn't I?

Currently, my next Milestone is to get the editor done till monday 2400. Around 3 days should be enougth to tune the storage system, make a tile manager, create a good grid-level setup, and make it possible to place special tiles (stuff you later can interact with).


Sounds like a plan to me. :D


Greg the Mad

No comments: