Thursday, July 30, 2009

ARRRG!!!!

Well ...

I was working on my editor, to be precise on the background Project-World-Level strukture when all the sudden Visual C# 2008 started to make problems.

It turned out that this dose have some stuff to do with the edits I made in the designe file of the main form.

"Ok", I thought, "just don't make any edits anymore and your fine." Thought, done.
But a few minutes later the designer file deleted the main split container of my form ...

"Ok", I thought, "delet that stupid form and with that all the problems you have." Thought, done.
But a few hours later, after I recreated the form, it happened again. The Editor Control was gone. I may only have the just replace it in the designer view, but it still sucks.

"Ok", I thought, " how about if I dump the entire project, reinstall VC# 2008, or even reset the entire PC. That should solve the problem." Thought, ... no not done.
I just closed the project and I'm waiting for motivation to rewrite the whole thing ... till then I may play some games of make another little project ... who knows.


Greg

2 comments:

David Basarab said...

Before reinstalling try

devenv.exe /resetskippkgs

This resets any packages that were skipped.

Also if you are doing WPF, it will happen when some code has an exception being thrown because of the WPF designer.

Don't reset anything until you ask about your problem on

http://stackoverflow.com it is a programmer question site, if somebody on there doesn't know the answer I would be shocked.

Greg the Mad said...

Thanks for the advice, but I already have reinstalled it (I'm not used to have comments, and frequently check for them ;) ).

And thanks for the page url, I will keep it in mind. I WILL need such a page. :D


Greg