Thursday, July 9, 2009

Looking for a job

OK, yesterday I called the austrian military when I would have to make my obligatory military duty. Well ... 4th January 2010.

Thats quite a while till then, so I decieded to look for a job in this time, instead to work on my game engine. Its just too much time to spend infront of my computer only doing what I want ...

Anyway. I already have send away two applications, the two which would interest me the most.

One for a german console games magazine and the other for a more local game developer.

If I would get the first I would have to get a flat in munich/germany and had to move there (for 5 month ...), but I'm flexible. ;-)
Ther other one would be closer, and I wouln't have to move anywere, but on the other hand it wouldn't only be a job about games, it would be a job ... evem more about games.

I can't be that sure of any of them to be a success, after all I would be a big risk for any of them as I'm fresh from school and have no specific education, but ... you can dream, can't you?
But I will have a look for other jobs, but they will go into the same direction I think. The "Possible, But Unlikely" direction.


And at this point I have to point out the great HR woman from the first job that have send me a mail only to tell me that she has received my application. It probably was a automatic mail, send to every one who sends a application, but its still something so many other HR people are lacking of ...


Greg

No comments: